Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wednesday Sweater Challenge...A Part of Our Lives!

Knock Knock!!
Who's There??
 Sue!! 
Sue Who?? 
SuKnitWitty!!

Is it Wednesday already??

Yes, and its Brrrrrrrr out here! 

Perfect time to wear my 'Coat of Many Knitted Colors' and the Noro Wool Felted Hat Gina made for me last year.

Not only am I bundled up in Knitting, I'm carrying my Knitting and  ready for....

Wednesday Knit with SusanB, Gina, Gretchen and Me....SuKnitWitty!




I'm so glad Knitting, SusanB, Gina, Gretchen and You are a Part of My Life!
Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either.
Elizabeth Zimmerman

This weeks '2011 Sweater Challenge' post is 'All About SusanB's Sweater!
And Boy Howdy it's A Challenge!!!!

"Heirloom" is knitting code for "This pattern is so difficult that you would consider death a relief."
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much

Subsititue 'This Sweater' for 'Heirloom' and you have my quote for Susan's Pattern!
However, for SusanB, who not only has Challenged herself to Knit this Sweater in 2011, but also to complete Level One of the Master Knitter Program, this Patton Pattern is just Practice. 

Really, all you need to become a good knitter are wool, needles, hands, and slightly below-average intelligence.
 Of course, superior intelligence, such as yours and mine, is an advantage.
Elizabeth Zimmerman
Master Knitter

I was good with Elizabeth's first sentence of the quote.  I probably won't be getting a Master Knitter Thingy!
SusanB is already a Master Knitter....in my book. 
She's an excellent Teacher....I mean...afterall she taught me to knit Socks....I mean Sock.
Today she demonstrated 'How to Cable Without a Cable Hook'.
Good thing I got it on Camera! 


Have I mentioned that Susan is a Masterful Cook and Tea Connoissuer?
Well, she is, and the Hostess with the Mostest with Double Berry Maple Crumbler and Scottish Tea!
I think it was called Scottish...might have been Irish...for sure it wasn't Texas!

"Any day spent Knitting with Friends is a Good Day...especially Wednesday."
SuKnitWitty

FYI...I am T h i n k i n g about seeing if the Master Knitter Program has a Level for Master Knitting Stuff Collector.

You might like to see my Needle Collection.  It's on CollectInTexas Gal...N is for Needles.

SusanB will continue to be Seduced by Yarn...don't miss any of her knitting projects.

"I like making a piece of string into something I can wear." 
Author Unknown
See Ya'll next week!

The Wednesday Knit FourSome would love to have YOU join us here on SuKnitWitty!
Our Challenge is to Start/Finish a Sweater in 2011, but YOU can JOIN In with any Project you'd like and at anytime.
The Weekly Post will be up on either Wednesday Evening or Thursday Morning.
{Be sure and add SuKnitWitty to your SideBar Blog List with the Update Time Option}
The Linky Tool will be OPEN from Post Time until the Following Tuesday.
{Link anytime in that Time Period}
This is a No Stress Linky
Just share your Project however you'd like...with photos, photos and text, questions or suggestions or just drop in to say Hi!
 It's always neat to receive Comments, but as a NoStress Linky it's Absolutely An Option if you want to Visit and Comment!
 One thing I'd appreciate though is for You to Be A SuKnitWitty Follower...Thanks.
So Here's The Linky...We'd Love to Knit WithYa!

4 comments:

  1. Sue,
    I love it. Wish you lived near here and I could be in your group!!! When I was in Maine, there were a bunch of us who would knit and we had so much fun. I am also a collector of the necessary tools to knit (quilt, sew, cook, etc.) with....

    I started a lace shawl which could be defined as "heirloom". LOL

    Got the glass book you mentioned today and found two patterns already. We are going antiquing (just looking I hope) this weekend.

    Hope you stay warm.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You are a "Master Storyteller" spinning your yarns!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue!
    Wow, you guys are ambitious! That looks like a gorgeous sweater in the making. Can't wait to see the big finish. Love the Zimmermann quotes - hee hee -- so true!
    Blessings,
    GG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweater that you are making. It looks like you a fun group. To bad we do live closer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails