Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall and BasketBall...Thankful...For!!!

Remember when your English Teacher assigned the Essay Writing Titled
"The Things I Am Most Thankful For"
(even Teachers in Texas ended in prepositions)
I know, I'm a little early for ThanksGiving, but the Texas Fall Weather seems to be upon us, and I'm soooooo...
#1. Thankful for the Hot Summer to be gone.


In my 'Thankful Essay' assigned by my Basketball Coach/English Teacher,
the weather would not have been at the top the list.
He would have had a 'hoot' at that.
More than likely my essay would have been a list
with proper spellin and grammar,
Things I Am Thankful For

1. My Mama and Daddy.....I suffered from 'FCS'....FirstChild Syndrome
2. Being Taller than my TeamMates....Not so good when it came to Boys.
3. My Basketball Coach..BrownNosin..altho, I did think he was the greatest.
4. My Best Friend Nancy...Standing next to me...She would pass me the ball
when #4 would not for Nothin. (See more of #4 and me in 1963....Here)
5. My Homemaking Teacher Mrs. Browning...She taught me to Crochet and Knit

And that brings us Full Circle from the 1960's to
2009 Things I Am Thankful For.
#2. I'm Thankful for my Friend and Knitting Teacher Susan-B
I'm learning so many neat Knitting Stitches and Techniques from her....like the Diamond Lacy Scarf I'm Test Knitting for her October Classes at the
Wool N Cotton Shop.
Susan has designed Five Scarf Patterns for the classes,
and fellow Wednesday Trio'er Gina is a Tester, too...
or should that be Tester two...nope,
I think, too is gramatically correct.
Did you notice the Two Beautiful Journals in the picture with my
WIP LaceScarf?
They are gifts from Susan, and I'm sure she is expecting some
KnitTestNotes to be recorded.
But I just can't bring myself to mess them up by writing in them with my
Texas Spellin and Grammar skills.
Maybe, I will pretend to be writing an Essay for Coach Moore.
That'll shape up the Spelling and Grammar.

PS...Susan, Here's my first entry in the Butterfly Journal.
Rowe 1: K1,P1,K1,P1,K5,P2,K2tog,K1,YO,K1,YO,K1,SKPO,P2,K5,Pl,K1,P1,K1.

PPS...Sue, Nice job on this writing. Grammar=A+, Spelling=B+...
you mis-spelled ROWE.
In this context it is ROW. Coach Moore

3 comments:

  1. Me too!! I'm thankful the heat has left but it could've taken the pollen with it!
    You're suppose to write in your journal, lol. I started socks in mine. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new header! VERY inspiring! SusanB is your knitting teacher? I thought you already knew everything, SKW! You were a very glamorous basketball player! oxpp

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look very "glam"! How much Spray-Net did you use? I always wondered how you always looked so pretty, never sweaty, I remember those shiney red suits, and you were "THE STAR", much to Lee's chagrin. I just can't stand jelouse women. I spell almost as bad as you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails