Monday, March 1, 2010

Enough Winter Weather....Bring On March Maddness!


Daffodils

"I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."

- William Wordsworth


March Flower of the Month ~ Daffodil
 
 
 
 
March Birthstone ~ Aquamarine
 
Aquamarine is a blue-green stone that comes from Colombia and Brazil.
 It has been called "Water of the Sea", because of its color.
The aquamarine is the stone of sailors, believing it would be protection for them on water.
Folklore says the aquamarine will protect against gossip.
 It is also said the aquamarine will pick up spirits. It is an excellent stone to use for meditating.




March is a Lucky Charm Quilting Month for SuKnitWitty! 
Yep, the Quilting Studio and QuiltaLotty are about to be 'Fired Up' as in
 'Turnin On the Heaters' and Turnin On the Power! 
No more 'It's too COLD to Quilt'! 
Starting with this recently pieced Lucky Charm Quilt Top!
And...although I'm not Irish, I am a Lucky Gal.
So I say to PutzyPhil...
"Get Real Phil...Take a Chill Pill"
I'm Done with Winter!
                                                                           

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful post about all things March and Spring. It won't be too long now that life will burst forth again! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! I'm part Irish so ifn' you need a home for the quilt, I know a good one. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails